Sunday, November 1, 2009

No peanuts for this elephant!

Oct. 31, 2009 -- This year was a Halloween to remember. We came home around 5:30p from Uncle Luke's football game, which they won the superbowl - yea Uncle Luke!! So we quickly ate, got dressed and went trick-or-treating with some neighbors. Tate normally studies things before jumping in but he just took off following his buddies Aiden and Corbin. He loved every minute and I must say he kept up with them really well considering he took three steps to their one.

I am not sure how good of an idea it is to teach your 16-month old (as of yesterday) to go up to strangers houses and accept candy but hopefully we can sway him to do that one time a year. We would usually be a house behind the big boys so we would go up and ring the doorbell and peir into the windows (Tate not Mom or Dad) and Tate would want to walk right in which makes perfect sense in most cases. The biggest excitement would be when he would stumble upon a dog or cat!!!

We got home from making the rounds around 8:30ish so took our bath and went straight to bed. What a night!! Would have thought he would've slept until 10a but nope we were up at 6:45a. Mommy and Daddy used to love to set their clocks back -- not so much anymore!





































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...Tate is ADORABLE!! I love his costume. Sounds like he had a blast. :-)
~Heather Smith

Anonymous said...

Oh Tate !!!!!!!I love this picture. ( He looks like a little man standing up there so big. What a night that must have been for mom and dad to see how much of a BIG boy Tater is turning into. )

Kelle Gilmore said...

I can't believe how much a 1 year old can do trick-or-treating! What a cutie! Love this costume.