This last Tuesday, the water was like warm bath water and the sun was beating down on us making it hard to see so we were both a little irritable. Grandma and Jordan came to the swimming lesson (since Daddy was out of town) and Grandma said how much fun it was to watch him. It made me think, because I was annoyed with the water/sun and Tate wasn't too happy that I didn't even realize the things Tate WAS enjoying. Of course we are going to have bad days but I need to just try not to let those little annoyances get in the way of taking in each experience. This is a constant battle of letting my spirit lead and quit trying to take control.
To add to that, the other day Tate and I were in the living room having a 'carpet picnic' consisting of goldfish and water and we were texting Nana. Tate was eating his goldfish and playing with his musical table. He was dancing, smiling and every once in a while putting his arm around my neck (as if to say, "you are the best mommy", jk). I told Nana what he was doing and she said, "it doesn't take much to please them". That is so true, yes, they are quite a bit of work not being self-sufficient in all but they truly are easy to please. They love life ~ it's refreshing!
Tate

No comments:
Post a Comment